Thursday, December 22, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday #19


Welcome to yet another Flash Fiction Friday. A picture might be worth a thousand words, but today it’s worth 100 no more, no less. Thanks for stopping by and please follow the link to get to the other FFF posts. Flasher Fiction Friday. Now here are my 100.

     Their bodies melded together, their tongues tangled in a sensual duel. She didn’t know when she would see him again. He was leaving on a ship for America to start a new life for them. She would join him later after the baby was born. It didn’t even matter that it was raining or that it was colder than usual in Southhampton in April. He would make the voyage to America and secure them a place in the new world. Land and a title, everything that had been taken from him in England. He would soon board the RMS Titanic.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Bonni, always there with the twist that makes my mouth fall open! Awesome take on the image, absolutely a win! Merry Christmas, my friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. Damn. Well. That blows.

    Nicely done Bonni

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! What a twist. When I saw it said Titanic, my heart ached. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that hit me. Will he be one of the survivors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lovely 100! Did not see the twist coming and audibly gasped when it did! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no! He is doomed and they do not even know it. Great FFF, nice twist at the end. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dang. I would say another word but that would be cursing. So sad. Now I want to know the rest of her story. What happens to her and the baby?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tragedy! I hope he survives the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, not the titanic! It started off romantic but that ending broke me right on down. What an emotional post. Great job Bonni. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonni, what a sweet twist you put on the ending and I didn't see that one coming at all. It had a nice build up and them bam - a punch right to the stomach, the doomed Titanic. Outstanding, my friend has accepted the FFF challenge as she's spreading her wings. Muwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *whimpers* Please tell me he survives, Bonni! That was a heart clencher to say the least. Wow, that was some creative writing! Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved it! So full of promise and hope, all taken away at the mention of the ship's name!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic ending! Love your take on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was sweet Bonnie, and like the others I Need to know if he survies.

    ReplyDelete